Savior Hospice and Palliative Care complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Savior Hospice does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters.
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats,other formats).
- Provides free language translation services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters, both on staff and by contract.
- Information written in other languages.
If you need these services, contact our office at (480) 320-4733. If you believe that Savior Hospice has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Compliance Officer, 4530 E Shea Blvd Ste 160, Phoenix, AZ 85028, (480) 320-4733, TTY (800) 842-2088. You can file a grievance person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance our Compliance Officer is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD) Complaint forms are available at: https://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.